One year later I am back with a new mandala workshop!
Saturday 7th August : 4.30pm - 6.30 pm IST
Sunday 8th August : 4.30pm - 6:30pm IST
ZOOM - the covid friendly communicator. You will receive a zoom link the day before the workshop!
WHAT will you learn?
- We will go through a quick overview of basic mandala grid making and pattern building for all those new to mandalas.
- We will focus on motif building and including floral patterns (as in the picture you can see)
- we will talk about all materials used for paper and canvas, including alcohol inks, pigment inks, acrylics, gold leaf, varnish, gesso - EVERYTHING I KNOW YOU WILL KNOW by the end of the class.
- an open Q&A, so come prepared with your questions!
EVERYONE IS WELCOME. No prior knowledge necessary. My Basic Mandala Course on zedink.teachable.com reccomended so that you are familiar with basic grid manking.
1. SQUARE PAPER (more than 200gm) that should be able to fit a circle that is 25cm x 25cm - Any water colour, mixed media, thick chart paper paper works.
2. Canvas, Gesso, Sand paper (OPTIONAL)
I will introduce mandalas on canvas in this course. If you are comfortable with canvas or very keen to use it. I would reccomend a triple primed canvas, gesso and sand paper. This is however an expensive investment and so it is not mandatory to get these items. The papers mentioned in #1 will work just as well.
3. Acrylic Paints
4. Fine Brushes
5. Markers of any kind, make sure to have one gold and one black
6. Geometry Box (essential)
7. 1 fine liner (any brand)
8. Tracing paper
PLEASE DO NOT STRESS OUT IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO GET ANY OF THE ABOVE MATERIALS! A SHEET OF PAPER AND THE GEOMETRY BOX IS ALL YOU REALLY NEED. ANY COLOUR MEDIUM YOU ENJOY WORKS FOR ME!
Ornate Mandala Workshop - Level Up